No products in the cart.
Acoustic Wall and Sound Insulation – Knauf Earthwool
Whether you’re building an acoustic wall within an existing home, extending or renovating, then acoustic or sound insulation should be high on your list of priorities to consider. Earthwool Acoustic Sound Insulation batts are available in a variety of thicknesses and densities to fit most wall cavities and acoustic purposes.
To help decide whether or not you need acoustic wall insulation it can help to ask yourself the following questions:
- Which internal rooms would you prioritise first? Typically walls between adjoining bedrooms, bathrooms and laundries are given priority.
- How thick are the wall studs? This will determine the maximum R-value (and also the maximum sound insulation benefit which you can achieve
- How much will noise transfer really matter? If you live alone, you will probably have less reason to invest in sound insulation compared to a family with energetic kids
- What about outside noise? Barking dogs, lawn-mowers and even traffic noise – these factors can make a case for installing Earthwool acoustic wall insulation in the outside walls.
The maximum R-Value and kg density you can achieve with a single layer of Earthwool insulation, installed in a standard 90mm stud is an R2.7. These come in both 430mm and 580mm widths, to fit standard vertical stud spacing (450mm and 600mm respectively.) Acoustic insulation performance is classified in kilograms per cubic m. At a solid 27kg p/m3 rating, Earthwool Super HD provides an exceptional level of both thermal and acoustic performance, and for this reason is also commonly used around TV rooms and home studios.
Earthwool HD kg/m3 Ratings from 14kg through to 27kg/m3
Pricewise Insulation sells the following acoustic wall batts in 430mm and 580mm widths at discounted prices:
- 14kg/m³ 50mm Acoustic Wall Insulation Batts
- 14kg/m³ 75mm Acoustic Wall Insulation Batts
- R2.0HD High Density Acoustic 18kg/m³ Wall Insulation Batts
- R2.5HD High Density Acoustic 20kg/m³ Wall Insulation Batts
- R2.7HD High Density Acoustic 27kg/m³ Wall Insulation Batts
Knauf E-Codes: E2890, E2905, E3094, E3088, E3591, E3592, E4332, E4333, E4473, E4335
Not Sheep Wool – Just Super Soft Glass-wool!
The complete range of Earthwool Insulation, which included the sound insulation range is made from glass-wool, the recipe for which is comprised largely of sand and recycled glass bottles. Knauf’s revolutionary binder technology has changed the way we think about glasswool – the extra long microscopically thing strands of glass fibres (less itchy ends to rub against your skin) are bound together using ECOSE technology. There is no added colouring or nasty chemicals, and as a result, Earthwool has practically no smell! With it’s natural earth brown colour and soft fee you are excused for thinking that Earthwool comes off a sheep’s back, but that’s not the case. It’s just a top-of-the-range glasswool product, designed to deliver comfort and performance to home owners and insulation installers alike.
Knauf Earthwool Acoustic Insulation for Walls
|Acoustic Batts – 11kg/m3|
|Ultra Acoustic Batts – 14kg/m3|
|High Density Insulation Batts
At Pricewise Insulation we welcome honest feedback, whether it’s a critical review of a product we sell, or a comment regarding our service to you. Feel free to leave a comment or review on our home page, or send an email directly to email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
Order discounted Knauf Earthwool Acoustic Insulation Batts from Pricewise Insulation’s webshop today!
New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia
14kg / R1.9, R2.0 HD, R2.5 HD, R2.7 SHD