No products in the cart.
Kingspan Air-Cell Permiwall Commercial Insulation
Australian-made Kingspan Air-Cell Permiwall is an all-in-one insulation and vapor-permeable membrane designed specifically for concrete walls to reduce the risk of condensation. Manufactured with a patented closed-cell structure sandwiched by highly reflective foil facings and pierced with tiny, evenly-spaced perforations, Kingpan Air-Cell Permiwall allows water vapor permanence while helping to achieve a 6-star house energy rating.
As thermal performance requirements for the building fabrics continue to rise, condensation is becoming an increasingly important design consideration for healthy buildings. Kingspan Air-Cell reduces the risk of interstitial condensation by allowing vapor to permeate through tiny perforations.
Benefits of Kingspan Air-Cell Permiwall Insulation
- 3-in-1 insulation, vapor-permeable membrane and radiant barrier
- Reduces the risk of condensation
Wall cavities remain unfilled and accessible for services
Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Quick and easy to install
- Strong, tough, durable
Water-resistant and unaffected by moisture
- Rodent and insect resistant
Flammability Index ≤ 5
BCA and AS/NZS 4859.1 compliant
- Made in Australia
Installing Instructions – Clip-and-Channel System
1. Install chosen furring channel clips at required spacing for plasterboard lining.
2. Fit Kingspan AIR-CELL Permiwall over channels and hold in position with tape or screws, or cut slots for the Kingspan AIR-CELL Permiwall to fit over the wings of the channel clips.
3. Butt join rolls of Kingspan and tape with 72 mm wide reinforced aluminium tape.
4. Install furring channel by clipping into channel clips.
5. Install plasterboard lining
General Installing and Handling Instructions for Air-Cell Insulation
- Fit Kingspan AIR-CELL® neatly around doors, windows, and any penetrations, and tape if necessary to prevent air leakage.
- When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping
- Leave minimum 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues or light fittings (refer to light fitting manufacturer).
Kingspan AIR-CELL® insulation products should be transported and stored in its protective packaging and kept clean and dry. Standing the rolls on end will reduce risk of damage in the event that any moisture be present in the packaging. Surfaces must be kept free of contaminants such as dust and grease, and must never be stored with foil surfaces in contact with alkaline materials such as wet cement and lime.
About Pricewise Insulation