No products in the cart.
Kingspan Air Cell Insulwhite® Thermo Reflective Insulation
Australian-made Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite ® is the next generation in reflective insulation, representing an evolutionary improvement from traditional bubble insulation. The innovative crossed-linked closed-cell core of Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite® has better thermal resistance than traditional bubble insulation of the same thickness and improved fire safety, complying with more stringent international fire standards. Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite® comprises a cross-linked, closed-cell insulation core sandwiched by a highly reflective foil facing on the upper side and a white facing on the other side
2 in 1 Ceiling Lining and Thermal Insulation
Kingspan Air Cell Insulwhite® is designed to provide a protective, corrosive resistant for use in a variet of applications including show rooms, sport centres and retail warehouses where a white ceiling-like appearance is desired. Exposed rafter ceiling insulation effectively removes the need for a hanging ceiling or similar – Air Cell Insulwhite has a clean finish, in addition to providing an excellent level of protection from the radiant heat emitting through the roof above. If you’re converting an attic into a dwelling, think Insulwhite! Of course it’s possible to install thermal bulk insulation between the exposed rafters, and attach plasterboard or another lining. But with Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite, you get a 2 in 1 insulation solution – lining and insulating your ceiling at the same time. For other ceiling insulation options, please visit our ceiling insulation page.
Below are some of the benefits of Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite
- Innovative cross-linked closed cell insulation core
- 3-in-1 Insulation, vapour barrier and radiant barrier
- Helps achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- White face for visible aesthetic finish
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Quick and easy to install
- Strong, tough, durable
- Water-resistant and unaffected by moisture
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Flammability Index ≤ 5
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
- Made in Australia
Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite Installation Instructions (metal roof retrofit/attic conversion)
- Attach one end of the Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® to the underside of the first rafter to be covered.
- Roll out Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® underneath the rafters with the white side facing inwards.
- Fix to the underside of the rafter using 25 mm button head timber screws with a white painted head, and min. head diameter 12 mm.
- Use 4 screws across the width of the roll at rafter, with one 25 mm from each edge and the other two at approx. 430 mm centres.
- For neatest finish, butt join rolls and tape joins with white 72 mm wide tape. Alternatively, rolls can be overlapped by 50 mm and taped
- Neatly cut Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® around penetrations and any windows and doors, and tape to seal.
- Leave at least 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues and light fittings.
Specification, Handling and Storage Guide from Kingspan Insulation
“The roof insulation fixed to the underside of the rafters shall be Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® fibre-free,thermo reflective insulation, sandwiched by a highly reflective facing on the upper
side and a white facing on the other side manufactured by Kingspan Insulation Pty Ltd, and shall be installed in accordance with the instructions issued by them.
Kingspan AIR-CELL® insulation products must be transported and stored in its protective packaging and kept clean and dry. Standing rolls on end reduces risk of damage should moisture be present in the packaging. Surfaces must be kept free of contaminants such as dust and grease, and must not be stored with foil surfaces in contact with alkaline materials i.e. wet cement, lime, etc.”
For full specifications and detailed instructions on this product, visit the manufacturers website.